How To Exam?

a knowledge trading engine...

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

aucet previous year question paper
(0 viewing) 
If you do not find a entrance exam paper any where, Request it here. Please provide maximum possible detail so that other members can help you.
If many users are requesting a question paper then the person submitting that question paper will be paid relatively extra.
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: aucet previous year question paper
aucet previous year question paper 12 Years ago Karma: 0
can you please help me to find out aucet previous year question paper
anjalikumari.8691@gmail.com
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: aucet previous year question paper 12 Years ago Karma: 0

MODEL QUESTION PAPER FOR Ist Year B.A., B.Sc.,B.Com., B.Sc.,(Home-Science)
B.B.M., B.C.A.,B.A.,(ol)FOR THE ADMITTED BATCH OF 2008-09
ENGLISH

Time:2 Hours Max. Marks:50
SECTION-A
1. Answer any TWO out of FOUR from the following questions in about 50 words.

2x5=10
1. What do you think about Bernard Shaw's claim that no native speaker speaks "correct English ?" What do you think he means by correct English here? What Does correct English mean to you personally?
2. Bring out the humour in Stephen Leacock's story "The Conjurer;s Revenge".
3. What, according to Dr.B.R.Ambedkar is the state of democracy in India?
4. Describe the condition of the "Negroes" as outlined by Martin Luther King in his Speech "I Have a Dream".

SECTION-B
II. Answer any TWO out of FOUR from the following questions in about 50 words.

2x5=10
1. What are the different moods capture in each stanza of the Poem "Ode to Autumn"?
2. Discuss the main issue that makes Arnold so melancholic in his poem "Dover Beach".
3. What are the poet's views on the Unknown Citizen and the state that honours him?
4. Comment on Soyinka's use of satire to express the anger of the Blacks.

SECTION-C
III. Answer any TWO out of FOUR from the following questions in about 50 words.

2x5=10
1. Justify the title of Tolstoy's short story.
2. Describe the attitude of the boy as revealed in the story "How Far is the River?"
3. Give a brief character sketch of Portia?
4. How does the author portray religious supremacy and ruthlessness through the Character of Raghupathi in "Sacrifice"?

SECTION-D
(Answer ALL questions)

IV. Read the following passages and answer the questions that follow
5x1=5
a) I was still a thief when I met Anil. And though only 15, I was an experienced and fairly successful hand. Anil was watching a wrestling match when I approached him. He was bout 25 – a tall lean fellow – and he looked easy—going kind and simple enough for my purpose. I had not had much luck of late and thought I might be able to get into the young man's confidence. You look a bit of wrestler yourself, I said. There is nothing like a little flattery for breaking the ice.

1. What is the profession of the narrator?
2. When the narrator approaches him, what was Anil doing?:
3. Do you think Anil appeared like a wrestler?
4. What is meant by "breaking the ice"?
5. Give the antonym for "flattery"?

V. Fill in the blank with suitable verb forms. 5x1=5
1. The sun _________ (rise) in the east
2. When I went to my college yesterday, the principal _______ (speak)
3. My friend ______ (suffer) from Dengue since August.
4. If you work hard, you ________ (*get) first class.
5. I ________________ (study) M.A. at Andhra University in 1980.

VI. Answer the following.

A) Give synonyms for the following words.

1. Modest 2. Glad
Give antonyms for the following words.

1. Nadir 2. Mourn
C) Fill in the Blank with suitable one word substitute.

1. One who hates Women is called a ______________.

VII. Correct the following sentences. 1x5=5
1. I have finished my work, didn't I?
2. One must finish his task in time.
3. He is going to church every day
4. The climate of India is better than Africa
5. Venu is thinking to visit Kashmir.
Aarathivimal@rediffmail.com
Senior Boarder
graph

Re: aucet previous year question paper 12 Years ago Karma: 0
TANCET 2010 Question Pattern:

TANCET MBA Entrance Test

Duration of the Test: 2 HOURS

The question paper will have sections:

To evaluate the candidate's ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.

To evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.

To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level (including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level).

To test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of Mathematics and use of day - to - day facts.

To test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.

The question paper will have 100 objective type questions. Each question will have five alternate answers.

Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and 1/5 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Multiple shadings will be considered as wrong answer and 1/5 mark will be deducted. Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.

TANCET MCA Entrance Test

The question paper will have the following sections:

Quantitative Ability

Analytical reasoning

Logical reasoning

Computer awareness

A few questions may also be there on verbal activity, basic science etc. The question paper will have 100 objective type questions. Each question will have four alternate answers.

Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and 1/4 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Multiple shadings will be considered as wrong answer and 1/4 mark will be deducted. Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.

TANCET M.Tech./ M.E./ M.Arch./ M.Plan (Non-GATE) Entrance Test

The question paper will have three parts.

Part-I and Part-II are compulsory and the candidates have to choose any one section out of 14 under Part-III depending upon his/her specialization.

Part - I Engineering Mathematics

This part will have 30 objective type questions and the candidates should answer all the 30 questions.

Part - II Basic Engineering & Sciences

This part will have 45 objective type questions. The candidates should answer a minimum of 30 questions. All the correct answers upto a maximum of 30 will be awarded 1 mark each and 1/4 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Part - III Specialization

This part will consist of 14 sections in various disciplines, like Civil Engg., Mechanical Engg., etc. Each section will have 40/45 objective type questions. The candidates have to choose any one section depending on his specialization, and should answer a minimum of 40 questions.

All the correct answers upto a maximum of 40 will be awarded 1 mark each and 1/4 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Each question will have 4 alternate answers. Multiple shadings will be considered as wrong answer and 1/4 mark will be deducted. Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.

The syllabi for the entrance test are furnished in the Annexure and the questions will be set at the undergraduate level.

NORMALISATION OF MARKS for M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan

The Entrance Test for M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan candidates has two common parts namely, Part- I Engineering Mathematics and Part-II Basic Engg. & Sciences and Part- III meant for different disciplines. On evaluation, the mean (m) mark and the standard deviation (s) of marks (raw marks) may vary from discipline to discipline under Part - III. Normalized marks are obtained using the formula:

Normalized marks = 50 + (10/s) (raw mark - m). This gives the relative ranking of the candidate in any discipline.
Aarathivimal@rediffmail.com
Senior Boarder
graph

Go to topPage: 1
You are here: Article Forum