Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU) 2005 B.A History INDIAN AND CULTURE - Question Paper
Sunday, 10 February 2013 02:25Web
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, DECEMBER 2005.
( exam at the end of 1st Year)
Part II - History
Paper - I INDIAN HISTORY AND CULTURE
Time : 3 hours Maximum : 100 marks
PART A - (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
ans any 2 of the subsequent ques..
1. Critically examine the value of the literary sources for the study of Indian history.
2. Trace the origin and the growth of the early vedic civilization.
3. discuss the circumstances under which Buddhism started in India. Account for its decline.
4. Estimate the contribution of the Kakatiyas to Andhra Culture.
PART B (3x15=45 marks)
5. What were the factors leading to the foundation of the Mouryan empire?
6. Enumerate the contribution of Kanishka to literature and art.
7. elaborate the achievements of Chandra Gupta 11?
8. What was the contribution of Pallavas to South Indian Culture?
9. define the social and economic conditions during the Satavahana period.
10. provide an account of the political conditions of India on the eve of the establishment of Delhi Sultanate.
PART C - (3 x five = 15 marks)
ans any 3 of th subsequent.
11. (a) Indus Seals.
(c) Pulikesin 11.
(e) Brihadisvara temple at Tanjore.
|Earning: Approval pending.|