Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU) 2007 B.Pharm PHARMACEUTICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY - Question Paper
Sunday, 10 February 2013 06:50Web
III/IV B.pharm. DEGREE EXAMINATION,
(Examination at the end of 3rd Year of
four Year Course)
PAPER IV- PHARMACEUTICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
TIME-3 HOURS MAXIMUM: 80 Marks
ans any 5 ques..
ALL ques. CARRY EQUAL MARKS
1. define the methods used to screen micro organisms for producing
bio active components. 
2. elaborate the main parameters to be controlled in a fermentation
process? define how those are controlled by various parts in a
3. Desribe the fermentative production of the subsequent :
a) Citric acid.
b) Alcohol. [8+8]
4. discuss the importance of sterlity testing. define the methods
of sterlity testing.Add a note on sampling techniques. [4+8+4]
5. Write the principle and procedure for the microbiological assay of:
a) Vitamin B12.
b) Streptomycin. [8+8]
6. a) discuss the term 'Enzyme Immobilation 'What are to advantages and
b) define the various kinds of reactions occuring in microbial
7. What do you understand by the term 'Recombinant DNA technology '.
define the production of insulin by R-DNA technology. [4+12]
8. Write short notes on any 4 of the subsequent :
c) Monoclonal antibodies.
f) Principle of Radio-Immuno Assay
|Earning: Approval pending.|