Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) 2008 B.E MINE GEOLOGY-II - Question Paper
Wednesday, 12 June 2013 04:20Web
1. What is applied Geology and how is it differ from pure Geology? discuss the
Geological work in operating mine. (20 marks)
2. What is Economic Geology? Mention the classification of mineral deposits.
Add a note on controls of ore-deposition. (20 marks)
3. discuss (a) Early magmatic mineral deposits. (10+10=20)
(b) Placer deposits.
4. (a) provide an account of Manganese ore deposits of India. (10+10=20)
(b) Add a note on Building stones.
5. discuss the formation of coal deposits. explain the physical and chemical characters
of coal. Add a note on major coal fields of India. (20 marks)
6. discuss the origin, accumulation and migration of oil and natural gas. explain
about the major oil-fields of India. (20 marks)
7. What is mineral exploration? explain briefly the basic principles of minerals
exploration. Add a note on stages of mineral exploration. (20 marks)
8. discuss in detail, the different stages of sampling. (20 marks)
|Earning: Approval pending.|