Bangalore University 2006 B.A History I Semester , - Question Paper
Thursday, 21 March 2013 02:20Web
I Semester B.A. Examination, December 2006
History of India-I
Time: three Hours Marks: 90
Instructions: 1) ans all ques. as directed.
2) Answers should be written completely either in Kannada or in English
ans any 2 ques. of the following: (2x15=30)
1. define the different sources available for the study of ancient Indian History.
2. provide an account of the life in the Rig Vedic Civilization
3. discuss the contributions of the Kushanas.
4. Examine the achievements of Chandragupta II.
ans any 1 of the following: (1x10=10)
1. Mark on the outline map provided, the extent of the empire of Ashoka and write a note on the Kalinga war.
2. Mark on the outline map provided, the subsequent places and mention their historical significance.
Lothal, Maski, Saranath, Purushapura, Mahabalipuram.
ans any 6 of the following: (6x5=30)
1. Impact of physical features on India.
2. Buddhist Councils.
4. Gautamiputra Satakarni.
5. Science and technology under the Guptas.
6. Achievements of Harshavardhana.
7. The importance of the Sangam Age.
8. Pallavas Architecture.
9. Cholas Administration.
ans all the ques. briefly: (10x2=20)
1. Indus Seals.
3. Who was Megasthanes? Why did he come to India?
4. Mention the important places of Sathavahana architecture.
5. Importance of the Allahabad pillar inscription.
6. Pallava Mahendravarma.
7. Gangaikonda Cholapuram.
8. Name the important Nayanmar Saints.
10. Max Muller.
|Earning: Approval pending.|