Bangalore University 2006 B.A History Fifth Semester , - Question Paper
Thursday, 21 March 2013 02:15Web
Fifth Semester B.A. Examination, December 2006
History of Modern India.
Time: three Hours Max. Marks: 90
Instruction: ans all ques. as directed.
ans any 2 of the subsequent. (2x15=30)
1. Trace the rise of the Portuguese and the Dutch to power in India.
2. How did the British establish their ascendancy in Bengal?
3. Describe the Socio-religious Reform Movement.
4. Describe and evaluate the Government of India Act of 1935.
ans anyone of the following (1x10=10)
1. Mark on the outline map given the places connected with the Revolt of 1857 and write a note on Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi.
2. Mark on the outline map given the followingplaces and mention their historical importance: Surat, Pondicherry, Calcutta, Buxar, Noakhali.
ans any 6 of the following: (6x5=30)
1. French in Inida.
2. Wellesley’s Subsidiary Alliance.
3. Commercialisation of agriculture
4. Peasant Movmeents.
5. Resuults of the revolt of 1857.
6. Pan Islamic Movement.
8. Montague Chelmsford Reforms.
9. Non Co-Operation Movement.
10. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
ans all questions:-
1. Name 2 British settlements in India.
2. Describe the Black Hole Tragedy.
3. Name the 2 French leaders in the III Carnatic War.
4. Give 2 differences ranging from the Ryotwari and Mahalwai Systems.
5. Who introduced Doctrine of Lapse? Name 2 states affected by it.
6. Lord Macaulay.
7. Khilafat Movement.
8. Nehru Report.
9. Name any 2 revolutionary leaders of Inida.
10. Mountbatten Plan.
|Earning: Approval pending.|