CASE STUDY ANSWERS
PROJECT REPORTS AND THESIS
09901366442 – 09902787224
Airlines Flight Catering
- Discuss the roles of the four stakeholders. What might be the problem areas?
- Discuss how the emergence of two flight caterer giants might impact on the global market.
- What are the key variables in forecasting air traffic?
- What are the service priorities for travelers in choosing airlines?
- What are the differences from other forms of transport when travelling by air?
- What action can airlines take to counteract the effects of flying?
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of branding strategies with an example of a product.
- What are the fundamental characteristics of developing good supplier relationship?
- Flight caterers commonly server multiple airlines. What implications can this have on inventory management?
- Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of each different type of production method.
- What would happen in a production unit if a flight was delayed for more than six hours?
- How might the location, design, layout and process choice of a production unit affect the organization of staff?
- Identify the main hazards to food safety in flight catering.
- What is the difference between a HACCP system and an audit?
- Identify the reasons why tight security is imposed on the transportation and loading of flight services.
- What are the advantages of utilizing refrigerated trucks?
- What factors add to the complexity of the logistics problem in flight catering?
- What considerations need to be made when deciding whether or not to back-cater?
- Identify the advantages to flight caterers of using integrated information systems.
- Identify the factors that influence storage requirement on an aircraft.
- Study in detail surroundings of bus stands, railway stations, markets, cinema houses and marriage halls with reference to traffic problems, garbage disposal, parking , steel lighting, advertisements, sign boards, traffic islands, safety on roads, tree plantation and problems in summer and rainy seasons. Prepare a suitable scheme to improve the comfort, convenience and visual pleasure of particular area.
- Study the architecture of the following periods:
Advanced Management Strategies
Q1 Write a descriptive note on the historical evolution of strategic management and business policy of India and the world.
Q2 Describe some of the important characteristics of environment and demonstrate how a strategist can be understand it better by dividing into external and internal components and general and relevant environment.
Q3 Select a high-profile industry such as the IT or entertainment industry. Identify the major competitors and analyze these reports to identify the types of corporate-level strategies being used by these firms.
Q4 Which types of regionalization strategies are adopted by firms? Explain and state your opinion on whether Indian companies should adopt regionalization strategies.
Q5 Describe the different ways in which digitalization can help organizations in achieving cost leadership, differentiation and focus.
Q6 Critically comment on the use of corporate portfolio analysis for examining the objective factors involved in exercising a strategic choice.
Q7 Describe the manner in which an organization can align its resource allocation with its strategies.
Q 8 Discuss the need for stakeholder relationship management. Also describe the technique of stakeholders’ analysis.
- Explain in detail the principles of general rights and obligations on environment protection?
- 19th Century
- Early 20th Century
- Prepare reports regarding the role of a civil engineer as contractor in landscaping work. Collect details on different areas, specifications, estimates, etc.
- Explain bye-laws and development rules of corporations.
- Explain in detail use of computer aided drawings, software’s for estimation, rate analysis and project management.
- Collect information about rules and regulations of plan sanctioning authority like Municipal Corporation, Study carefully all details related to size of the plot, marginal distances, FAR, number of storey’s and rules for number of tenements.
- Collect details related to the procedure of purchase of land from a city survey office, land records, property register, agreement for sale deed. Write a note on total procedure.
enjoyed? Explain your answer. What kind of public policies, if any, should we have to deal
with industries like the operating system industry?
the economic interests of the of company like Questar?
the GPO’s monopolies? Are they ethical? Explain.
09901366442 – 09902787224